Last night we went to play bingo and sing karaoke at the Greenwood Senior Center to celebrate my mom's birthday. I was skeptical of the entire evening, certain that the level of fun would be low. As it happens, I ended up having a fantastic time - who knew so many "young people" (as my mom likes to put it) patronized Bingo/Karaoke night?
I loved the many dabber toasts and that we all threw our bingo sheets at the winner of each round. I still don't get the significance behind O-69, but I suppose that will come in time. I enjoyed watching people make fools of themselves while singing karaoke (myself included, as it turns out!) and joining in during the only part of the songs I knew - the chorus.
But most of all... I enjoyed watching you. You swayed and "Twisted" like the best of 'em and it was wonderful to see your cheeks blush as you laughed at the silly antics of those around you.
Grandma, I appreciate how willing you are to try new things - even in your 80s. I was delighted when you told me that not only were you continuing your line dancing classes that initially my mom had to drag you to, but that you had also just "checked out" another line dancing class at the community center where you play tennis.
You truly are young at heart and a shining example of how we can enjoy life to it's fullest, no matter our age.
Thank you for showing me how it's done.
Love,
Your Granddaughter
Love it. :) You have awesome grandmas.
ReplyDeleteI do, don't I? I forget sometimes... Arg. Even more reason to visit SF!!
ReplyDelete