Dear Daddy,
I've been asked many times about the influential people in my life and I always make a point to talk about you. When I was younger, I remember knowing that you had once been an aeronautical engineer at Boeing, but then decided to become a nurse practitioner instead. I never really understood your choice though, until I began to examine my own path in life. When I finally realized that you had made this life changing decision because of your principles and values (money not being one of them!), it made a huge impact on my own career choice. You inspired me to pursue a career of compassion and empathy, rather than one purely for financial gain. You taught me the importance of holding true to my beliefs and never losing sight of what I value most. Thank you for that.
Dad, I also appreciate how patient and supportive you were (and still are!) of your daughters. I vividly recall our games of tickle monster (never realizing at the time that you weren't actually ticklish) and how you'd pretend to flush 3 giggling piles of towels down the toilet after bath time. You were always willing to play barbies with your girls or let us dress you up in play clothes. You encouraged us to use our imaginations.
Now today is Father's Day and I want you to know how much we (your daughters) appreciate you and all you have done for us.
Thank you for your unconditional support and love - we are so lucky to have you!
I love you!
Love,
Your Daughter Suz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment