I apologize that the last post was so cryptic. It's difficult when things happen in your personal life that are too complex to describe in a blog post or too, well, personal. In this case, my writing about it would be intruding on someone else's personal life. And that's just not fair of me, is it?
What I will say is something happened recently to a person I love dearly.
A miracle of sorts.
This person had been struggling for years with depression and anxiety and two weeks ago she found herself, as she put it, "healed."
Now, I'm not a very religious person. I was raised Catholic and attended a private Catholic high school, but I'm still not even sure I believe in a god. Any god.
However, what happened to this person is beyond logic and reason. In fact, it is so awesome I feel like I'm holding my breath just waiting for a (inevitable?) crash. Something this magnificent can't truly be real, can it?
How can someone wake up one day and quit smoking cold turkey, be open to trying new things when in the past they had been afraid, spend time in public spaces without feeling anxiety, be willing to do things on her own when previously she had needed almost constant companionship from a loved one?
How can she defy every reality she faced just a mere two weeks ago?
I don't have an answer.
All I can say is, thank you.
I don't know who or what I'm thanking, but THANK YOU!
A more precious gift could not exist than giving someone their life back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment