Wednesday, January 11, 2012

To last year...

Here's a list of 11 things I am thankful for from 2011:

11. Welcoming baby Olivia into the world! Baby O-Ro is the newest addition to my group of friends and we're so glad she's here! I cannot wait to see her grow and change over the years.

10. SO won his 2011 Fantasy Football League. After how many hours of watching and analyzing football I did, at least he now owns a trophy to show for it!

9. Completed my 2nd year and started my 3rd year as a school social worker. I love my job and I am so incredibly thankful to be doing what I love every day. You can't beat having summers off either!

8. Ate dinner in a snow globe. In the winter, my SO and I went to the Space Needle for dinner. Just as we were beginning to eat, it began to snow! The 360 degree view, plus the gorgeous snowy sky and Seattle view made it feel like we were inside an actual snow globe. What an incredible experience!

7. Completed the first full year of book club! After years of wishing I were part of a book club, I finally decided to start one on my own. Now, we range between 8-15 women per month and we've read almost every genre of book you can think of. We always have such a wonderful time discussing the book and then moving on to politics, love lives, etc. I'm proud to say that I don't even know everyone who is part of the group! It's turned into a wonderful place to meet new female friends.

6. Tried at least 12 different local restuarants. Ever since the start of the monthly dinner club, we have been exploring new and different restaurants all around Seattle. This club has also allowed me to expand my palate and try new kinds of food that I might never have tried before. I'm looking forward to seeing what this next year will bring!

5. Visited New York during Christmastime. This year, my SO and I decided to visit our friends in NYC during the beautiful Christmas season. It was so much fun visiting Rockefeller Center and sipping a frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity's (although that is completely overrated in our opinions!). We also had a chance to spend time with friends who we don't see as often as we'd like. NYC is like our second home and we can't wait to go back in 2012.

4. Learned to cook new Chinese dishes from my Grandmother. I can now make my Grandma's famous sticky fried rice, soy sauce chicken, and steamed fish! My stomach has been cheering ever since!

3. Rekindled old friendships and began new ones.

2. My parent's 30th anniversary trip to Europe. Although I did not go on this trip myself, it meant a lot to me that I could give my parents the gift of three weeks alone together (my older sister and I stayed with my younger sister at my parent's house). Their stories from the trip are amazing and though at times it was stressful, there was never a moment I wished they were back home.

1. My SO and I got engaged! Suffice it to say, I am waiting to share this story for a later post. In the meantime, let it be known that I am incredibly thankful to be marrying such a warm, funny, loving guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment