Tuesday, May 4, 2010

To my little man...

Dear Bug,

During the first year of your life, I absolutely fell in love with you. You were the cutest baby, so smiley and, well, a bit drooly too. You wrapped me around your teeny tiny little finger faster than I could say "peek-a-boo!" Seriously... the first time I met you during my nanny interview, you spit up all over my phone and all I did was wipe it off with an "Oopsies! So cute!"

Now you're almost 5 years old and more than half way to my 5'4 height. I'm constantly amazed at how fast you've grown and how smart you are (no bias, I swear!). You have this endearing personality that never ceases to charm everyone you meet.

You also say the darndest (and by darndest, I mean cutest!) things to say. For instance, one evening when I was babysitting you, you asked me in reference to the 3 chocolate chip cookies I had brought over for us to share, "Suz, who gets the last cookie?" Before I could reply, you reached over and snagged it from the bag and said with a grin,"I think it's for whoever gets it first!"

So clever!

Little M., I feel so lucky to be able to watch you grow up. Though I don't see you nearly as much as I would like (no more Tuesdays are Suz days...), you're still a special part of my life.

I love you so much, bug!!

With love,
Your nanny Suz

1 comment: