For those of you not living in Seattle, you may have heard that our lovely city has been hit by a "triple arctic blast" as the news reporters called it. What this actually means is that Seattlites have been stranded all around the city, as no one here actually knows how to drive in the snow. And by nobody, I mean nobody. Half the city owns up to this fact ("Snow scares me! I hate driving in it!") and the other half complains that no one knows how to drive in it and then attempts a hill they really shouldn't have.
The flip side of this is that snow days mean more time snuggled up at home in comfy clothes with the heat on high and drinking hot cocoa. Preferably with marshmallows, and for me, preferably with soy milk.
Snow days also mean that the company you keep consists of whoever lives in your house (so long as they were able to get home when the snow hit) and your closest neighbors.
Ours happen to be Kadi and Ryan.
Over the past two days, we've been texting and visiting back and forth between our apartments (they live two floors down). Then yesterday, after a fabulous snowball fight at the Olympic Sculpture Park, we decided to have a communal dinner.
We decided that Kadi and Ryan would make split pea soup and I would bake biscuits.
A few hours later, dinner was served and it was fantastic!
There is nothing I love more than eating wonderful food with wonderful friends.
Kadi and Ryan,
Thanks for being fabulous neighbors!! I love having you live so close and we will surely miss you when you move to Aspen.
Cookies and cinnamon rolls,
Suz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment