Today I'm trying out the newest technological advances in video games... Kinect. Microsoft has created the first game system where no controller is needed, save your body and your voice. How does this work? Well, I can't give you the scientific answer... but on the consumer level it's basically a mixture of sensors and cameras.
What I love about this game system is how they've created the experience to be physically interactive. I worry about this generation of kids who sit in front of the TV all day and lose their imaginations faster than their youth. Gone are the days of playing in refrigerator boxes or making mud pies. Now our senses require more stimulation than our own minds can provide.
Sad.
At least Kinect forces people to get off their booties and moving again!
Thank you Microsoft for creating Kinect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've been seeing stuff about that new system. It seems really amazing, that's very cool that you got to try it out.
ReplyDeleteIt's seriously like a work out!! You use your entire body!
ReplyDelete