Monday, September 12, 2011

To a sweet child...

Last week was the beginning of the new school year.  During the first weeks, I try to visit every single classroom in order to introduce myself and explain what my role is at school.  Most of the kids already know, but it's a good reminder for them anyway and a chance to get a bit of face time with the new students.

In order to make it interesting, I always try to involve the students in my explanation by asking them questions about my job.  

Here's a peek at the sweetest answer I've ever heard.

Me: "Can you tell me about some of the things I do around here?"
5th grader: "You make kids feel good about themselves!"
Me: "Well, I certainly try to do that."
5th grader: "I know you do, because that's what you did with me!"

Thank you for your vote of confidence! :)

Warmly,
Ms. C.

No comments:

Post a Comment