Friday, September 2, 2011

To good health...

After much (or at least a little) convincing on the part of our friends, my honey and I've decided to try out the Quantum Wellness Cleanse.  What does that mean?  For three weeks we are ridding our diet of the Big 5: gluten, sugar, caffeine, animal products, and alcohol.  "You must be crazy," is the response we've heard most frequently since letting people know that we're attempting this seemingly impossible feat (the second response being "what's left to eat?").  Amazingly enough, it hasn't been as hard as it seems.

Day 1:  Craved sugar like mad.
Day 2:  Craved sugar like mad.
Day 3:  Caffeine head ache and only craved sugar a bit.
Day 4:  Caffeine head ache, no sugar cravings.
Day 5:  No caffeine headache, no sugar cravings, and I'm feeling totally energetic even though I worked all day!

If I feel this good after 5 days, how much better am I going to feel after 21?  I am fully admitting right now that after these three weeks I will be indulging in chocolate like it was going out of business and I certainly will not be vegan.  However, I am willing to give up for three weeks these food items that I dearly love in order to experiment and see if eating healthier truly makes a difference.

Which brings up the next question... why don't YOU try it?  Or even try giving up one food item?   If you do, you'll have to let me know how it goes...

One thing I know for sure, I am extremely appreciative to be healthy enough that simply changing my diet for 3 weeks is all the healthcare I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment